On November 2011 I joined local folk group “Putnis” from Jaunlaicene. Summer solstice was behind and now it was time for big folk festival Baltica which lasted for several days in Riga and some towns in Latvia.
There was a nice womens concert in the open air museum ir Riga. A fragment:
And a traditional dances night:
The weather was too hot, so I had a lot of ice creams and borjomi water, in the end I ran into some cool basement and then back to the hot outside, which resulted into a sunstroke. It was the first sunstroke in my life. I didn’t faint or something. I had almost fever, a very high tempereture maybe, I never measure it, so I can’t tell the number, but after all this incredible hot weather for me it was one week of feeling very cold everywhere. I couldn’t work.
I must admit that after months of sniffing on burned gas from chainsaw I lost my immunity a lot. There was protection against sawdust, vibration and noise, but nothing to make an air cleaner. Works were in the hangar so there was no wind to blow the gases away. Beside my saw there were another three, so there was a lot of poison to breathe. I guess it’s like with smoking. If you do it frequently, then it’s not so bad, but if you smoke time to time or be a passive smoker, then it is worse. I am getting ill every two weeks since chainsaws and it’s been six months already since I quit the school. Very tiresome.